Community Relations Specialist II (Full Time Hybrid Remote)
The Community Relations Specialist II (Full Time Hybrid Remote) identifies opportunities to enhance the Credit Union’s community and public relations programs and recommends opportunities and strategies to management. Builds and maintains relationships with key influencers and organizations to support the Credit Union’s goals. Identifies and creates community outreach programs, develops community relations strategies, and organizes events that will promote the organization's mission. Performs other marketing functions within the department as assigned.
The annual pay range for this position is $71,903.20 - $107,854.80 depending on experience, skills, education, and internal equity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Builds and maintains relationships and partnerships in the community, demonstrating good corporate citizenship; these individuals and organizations will be key influencers, nonprofits, schools, networking groups and local businesses. Facilitates new opportunities and community activities/programs for brand exposure with these relationships.
- Independently organizes and facilitates community events in the assigned region, including partnering with branches and community leaders, developing event timelines, logistics, and distribution of promotional and marketing materials.
- Assists with managing community programs by monitoring success and suggesting new ways to generate publicity (i.e, challenge grants, scholarships, financial literacy programs, etc.).
- Coordinates community support functions by researching available opportunities in Logix branch market areas, identifies and executes strategic sponsorship opportunities that support the credit union’s goals.
- Manages event planning for representation at sponsored events; collaborates with other departments to secure event staffing, preparing and reporting results regarding outcomes of sponsorships.
- Creates and plans special events in support of individual branches at their locations that help them with their sales goals while improving their image.
- Represents the credit union when attending community events and establishes important connections with influential parties.
- Acts as an officer of the credit union by serving on boards of nonprofit organizations, and/or participating in committees, with local schools and/or charities.
- Expands credit union’s brand awareness through community efforts.
- Oversees sponsorship ad creation and works with Compliance and other necessary departments for review/approval.
- Acts as key contact and manages SEG relationships; arranges onsite visits to SEGs.
- Coordinates seminars with branches and/or other departments.
- Performs other marketing functions within the department as assigned, such as making recommendations for campaigns and collateral.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- Proficient in MS Office and understanding of social media.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in community relations or similar role.
- Background in researching and editing publications; event planning and writing experience required.
- Demonstrates creativity, critical thinking and problem-solving aptitude.
- Must have superior oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- Proven relationship building; demonstrates network of contacts and connections in the community.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Experience in media relations (online, broadcast and print) and working directly with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.