The YMCA is more than a gym - it's a cause! Member Services Representatives are vital to delivering awesome customer service and raving about our wonderful facilities. If you are enthusiastic, love working with people and enjoy assisting others, the Y is the place for you! Apply now to join our team of incredible employees who work daily to positively impact lives through opportunities in youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
- Greets visitors and members as they arrive and learn their names.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Collects receipts and secures cash, checks, credit card payments and bank drafts from membership and program transactions and balances shift close-outs daily.
- Listens to visitors, asks clarifying questions, shows them around the facility, introduces them to other staff and members and suggests solutions to meet their needs and interests by joining the YMCA.
- Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting members, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Checks members and visitors into the membership system and either grants or denies access to the facility
- Responds to inquiries by accessing and sharing accurate information both in person and on the telephone, or redirects inquiries to the appropriate staff.
- Recruits and encourages members to volunteer as appropriate.
- Supervises children in child watch center as needed.
- Attends scheduled meetings and trainings as required.
- Adheres to (and enforces) program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Follows WHO, CDC, and County Department of Health standards, procedures and recommendations around heath screening, cleaning, and sanitation.
- Performs other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds a rapport with members. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitation and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in the member services environment.