Executive Advisor, Recruitment and Advising
Work type: Regular
Location: West LA Campus
Categories: Graziadio Business School, Admission/Student Recruitment
This position directly supports the University's mission and strategic plan by sharing our commitment to transform students' lives through education by supporting prospective student efforts to join the Pepperdine learning community.
The Executive Advisor reports to the Executive Director of Recruitment and the Director of Recruitment Operations and Advising. This role will oversee the functional areas related to student recruitment for the executive-level Masters and Doctorate programs at Pepperdine Graziadio Business School (PGBS) including MSOD, EMBA, PKE & DBA. The planned assignment for this position will be MSOD, but support of other programs within the Executive Programs portfolio may be included as assigned over time.
In collaboration with various PGBS business units, this position is responsible for generating qualified applicants through prospecting, community and business development, and lead nurturing efforts.
- Provide direct oversight of the recruitment process for Graziadio Executive programs and create and implement individualized recruitment campaigns; maintain ongoing communication with applicants utilizing a variety of tools (email, text messaging, and telephone) in support of enrollment, academic, and institutional goals.
- Prospect generation: (1) Identify and cultivate new channels for prospect generation through community and business development efforts, (2) Maintain and continually foster existing relationships with internal and external advocates (prospects, students, alumni, faculty, business contacts, etc.), and (3) actively attend lead generating events to recruit.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date recruiting activity data in the CRM system. Report on pipeline activity, lead enhancement projects, conversion rates, yield ratios and the competitive landscape.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all communications and recruitment activities within the CRM database.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree in business, communication, education, or related field; 5 years of experience working in an educational environment with recruitment/admissions responsibility. Understanding of both traditional and non-traditional academic programs, including those designed to serve seasoned business professionals and executives; awareness of broader institutional and systems-related parameters that govern program administration. Proficiency with CRM systems and standard Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Comfort with Google-based applications and other digital resources designed to facilitate information sharing and collaboration.
Preferred: Master’s degree in business, communication, education, or related field; 7+ years of experience working in an educational environment with progressive recruitment/admissions responsibility. Extensive experience with consultative sales and business development. Understanding of both traditional and non-traditional academic programs, including those designed to serve seasoned business professionals and executives; awareness of broader institutional and systems-related parameters that govern program administration. Experience with Salesforce, Peoplesoft or similar university records management database; demonstrated ability to leverage current and emerging technology tools to enhance student communication and engagement.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Click here to see the job posting and apply online