The MD, of Corporate Marketing is PennyMac’s Chief Marketing Officer responsible for developing and promoting PennyMac’s corporate umbrella of marketing. While PennyMac continues to enjoy ongoing and significant growth, our brand marketing has not caught up. This is a great opportunity to have an immediate impact while transforming and elevating a public company’s existing brand in the marketplace. This includes the look and feel of PennyMac’s brand image, brand awareness, brand relevancy and brand reputation; corporate oversight of overall brand issues and messaging, and the management of public relations matters.
- The MD, Corporate Marketing will develop and establish brand standards and guidelines for all marketing and branding initiatives and will lead internal and external corporate initiatives affecting employees, customers, business partners, shareholders, board members, regulators, etc.
- Will set the vision for, and guidelines to promote and protect our “Brand.”
- Will write PennyMac’s brand strategy, educate and coach our constituents, and identify key metrics and measure progress and effectiveness of our marketing activities.
- Will also support our environmental, social and governance (ESG) activities.
- The first order of business will be developing a brand strategy to engage with the rapidly changing mortgage finance industry – inside and outside the company -- utilizing traditional media and new (social) media tools.
- Will have a sense of responsibility to the business units and their dedicated marketing teams.
- Provide direction and consultation to the existing marketing teams aligned with the customer-facing business units as they independently will manage advertising, marketing, social media, and customer promotion in close consultation with the and the vision and rules established by the MD, Corporate Marketing.
- The marketing teams embedded in the businesses will have goals and objectives to obtain leads and successful advertising campaigns. Those teams will work closely with the MD, Corporate Marketing, supporting the leadership direction and established brand standards to achieve their goals and objectives.
Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Create communications plans which meet brand objectives and market needs; define what types of stories to tell, where and how to tell them
- Successfully motivate and lead a team of diverse and creative people to meet and exceed expectations.
- Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, and rational risk-taking.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to drive adoption and consistent execution of brand strategy
- The ability to drive and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- The ability to multi-task, pivot, and adapt as needed
- Strong critical thinking skills complimented with being able to make decisions and move swiftly
- Motivate and build a team leading by example while working side-by-side with subordinates on a tactical level
- Create successful traditional/digital marketing strategies
- Communicate effectively, easily influence team members, build credibility quickly, and provide clear direction and feedback to analytic and creative marketing people
- Four-year degree preferably business, marketing and /or public relations, MBA desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The successful candidate will be a marketing and branding strategist; with at least 10 years senior-level experience developing robust marketing capabilities (technology fluency, digital expertise); an innovator who creates through new technology platforms, alternative media, new tools and techniques; and a storyteller creating and telling PennyMac’s story.
- Strong financial aptitude with direct experience managing a full P&L