The Reape-Rickett Law Firm is a full-service family law firm with offices in Los Angeles and Ventura counties. We are seeking a motivated Associate Attorney with 1 to 4 years of family law experience to join our Valencia office. Ideal candidates are able to work in a team environment and can manage all aspects of their caseload including tasks, deadlines, and appearances. Candidates should have experience with contested family law cases and litigation experience in and outside of the courtroom. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality of family law services for our clients and maintaining professional, courteous association with opposing counsels and the court.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage active case load including all paperwork, legal calendar including due dates, preparation and appearances for hearings, trials, depositions etc.
- Draft, review, and revise correspondence and legal documents including but not limited to pleadings, motions, declarations, forms, discovery, subpoenas, and disclosures.
- Collaborate with Shareholders and Caseworkers to facilitate case progression.
- Track and manage billable hours.
- Additional duties may include assisting fellow Attorneys, Law Clerks, and Caseworkers or other tasks associated with business needs.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-4 years of Family Law litigation experience as an attorney.
- Licensed in California.
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Dissomaster, Essential Forms, Wordperfect, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Clio, WestLaw or similar software preferred.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide family law legal services that are second to none. We conduct ourselves in accordance with the highest ethical standards and are committed to providing quality services. Each firm member takes special care to understand the unique and individual concerns of our clients. Our team approach to each case ensures efficient and timely responses to simple or complex issues. We empower our clients with knowledge and information, enabling them to make reasoned and results-oriented decisions.To view full job description and apply, visit: Indeed