Feinberg & Waller, a divorce and family law firm, is hiring to accommodate our growing clientele.
We are seeking a Full-Time Attorney, responsible for developing relationships with clients as they establish legal needs, provide counsel, help them understand their legal options, and represent them in court and negotiations. The attorney should have strong family law litigation skills including attending hearings, tracking billable time and managing assigned case load. Candidate should also have outstanding written and oral communication skills, be highly motivated and able to take initiative, and the ability to work well both within a team and independently. Must have high attention to detail, a strong work ethic and aggressive litigation skills in the court room.
Job Title: Attorney
Location: Calabasas, CA FLSA
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Experience: 2 years plus litigation (Family Law Preferred)
• Remote interview process
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Duties and responsibilities
• Communicating with clients to learn about legal needs and providing them with advice
. • Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients.
• Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or threats to their attention.
• Building relationships with clients based on trust.
• Developing arguments and representing clients in family law proceedings.
• Preparing family law legal documents accurately and in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree.
• Juris Doctor degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
• Admission to the CA State Bar.
• Experience or expertise in a specific branch of law may be preferred.
• Commitment to abiding by local, state, and federal laws and behaving ethically.
• Ability to work independently or with a team of attorneys to develop the case strategies.
• Strong critical thinking, interpersonal, public speaking skills.
• Ability to negotiate, research, and communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
• Adaptability and attention to detail
• Analysis skills
• Case management software experience preferred
• Excellent computer literacy
• Communication skills
• Be a self-starter
• Comfortable multitasking and working in fast-paced environment
• Positive, confident, charismatic, influential, intelligent, and compassionate person.
• Strong active listening skills.
• Intelligent analytical ability
• Empathy for clients specifically with the ability to put them at ease during their difficult time.
• Possess exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized, focused, and attentive.
• Resourceful in helping investigate and uncover the root of legal issues.
• Receptive to feedback
• Professional demeanor.
• Type 50+ WPM.
• This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
. Physical requirements
• Must be able to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hours a day.
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defect
Family Law Attorney
Feinberg & Waller, APCJob Description
Feinberg & Waller, a divorce and family law firm, is hiring to accommodate our growing clientele.Other Postings