How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally powered organization this role is responsible for logistics, data management and coordination for LLS designated market and peer to peer fundraising products to exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) mission, within a designated market area. Relentlessly pursuing cancer cures.
***This is a temporary role.***
All LLS employees, temporary workers and independent contractors are required to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 before beginning work at LLS unless a valid medical, religious, or other exemption is approved consistent with applicable law.
While employees may be permitted to work remotely, travel to the assigned office, HUB or Satellite Offices may be required as determined by the employee’s manager and the employee’s Strategic Talent Partner.
- Partner with Education Services and Health Research department to effectively communicate the LLS overall mission, programs, resources and priorities.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for assigned fundraising campaigns
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the peer to peer fundraising products, including revenue, budget, goals and timelines
- Responsible for managing expense budgets as related to logistics
- Research and recommend event venues and location sites based on campaign standards and in coordination with National Shared Services, Logistics Team
- Responsible for assigned peer to peer fundraising teams to achieve overall revenue goals
- Works in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator and collaborate with local relationship team and national shared service partners throughout LLS
- Manage data entry to ensure CRM and fundraising systems are accurate. Update systems in a timely manner. Provides reports to fundraising relationship team as needed
- Connect with vendors to secure the best rate or in-kind donation of services as needed
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 1-3years of experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Travel within designated area
- Required to work some evenings or weekends
- Estimated hourly salary is $32. Open to further discussion based on geography.
LLS is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, race, color, creed, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic predisposition or information, physical or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LLS seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission and where they will join a cohort of others who have chosen to call LLS home. LLS complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment supportive of all of our employees and the communities we serve. **All LLS employees are required to provide proof of vaccination for COVID-19 before beginning work at LLS unless a valid medical, religious, or other exemption is approved consistent with applicable law.**
Click Here to view job posting