- About Us
- Events & Programs
- Business Directory
- Member Benefits
- Chairman’s Club
- Membership Info
The City In The Country
Settled snugly in the northern foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains in western Los Angeles County, the City of Westlake Village is 9 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean and 38 miles west of downtown Los Angeles. Occupying only 5.4 square miles, averaging 900 feet above sea level, the community is framed by the Simi Hills to the north and the Santa Monica Mountains to the south.
As a master planned community, residential, recreational and commercial properties are carefully located within the city to preserve, enhance and protect the area’s unspoiled natural environments. Westlake Village is characterized by its wide, tree-lined boulevards, its cohesive, yet identifiable neighborhoods with interconnected greenbelts, its lakeside parks and promenades and its diverse and thriving office and commercial centers. With a business-friendly philosophy, the City is home to many large corporate employers providing more than 10,000 jobs. The City adheres to a distinctive architectural style found both in residential and business developments.
With a cherished small town community feel and the amenities of an upscale city, Westlake Village is among the most coveted locations in the Los Angeles area for raising a family, living and working. A strong and fluid economy keeps the unemployment at one of the lowest in the nation, while wide open spaces and protected nature offer a calming and relaxing getaway.
Characteristics that define Westlake Village include:
· A “city in the country”
· Great place to raise a family
· Wonderful balance between the residential, commercial and business sectors
· Beautiful physical amenities such as wide boulevards, richly landscaped parkways and medians
· Top-notch public and private schools and nearby world-class colleges and universities
· One of the first master planned communities in the United States
· Located along the 101 Technology Corridor
· Safe, quiet neighborhoods
· Easy access to hiking trails and world-renown cycling routes
· Small town charm
· Community’s geographical setting/natural boundaries located in the beautiful Conejo Valley
Visit Westlake Village online today!