• COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions

  • Last updated on 7/20/2020 at 4:00pm.

  • General Information


    Does my business need to comply with the state or county orders?

    Yes.  Failure to follow the state or local health order is a crime.  It may be punishable by a fine, imprisonment, or both.  In the case of businesses a violation most likely would result is a shutdown of your businesses.


    What orders are Conejo Valley businesses subject to?

    All businesses must follow 2 different sets of guidance.  The state guidance and the county guidance.  This can be confusing, as Conejo Valley includes parts of both Ventura County and Los Angeles County.  In order for a business or sector to reopen, both the state and the county must authorize it in their orders.


    If your business is in Thousand Oaks, you are in Ventura County and subject to their orders.  If your business is in Westlake Village or Agoura Hills you are in Los Angeles County and must follow their orders.


    Where can I find the most recent health order or guidance from the State or my County?

    For the State of California, go to https://covid19.ca.gov

    For Ventura County, go to https://www.vcemergency.com/vc-reopens

    For Los Angeles County, go to http://ph.lacounty.gov/


    What business sectors are allowed to open?

    In order to reopen, businesses must follow the state and county guidance to reopen. In Ventura County, businesses must go to VCreopen.com and self-attest that they are ready to open.  In Los Angeles County, you may open once you believe you meet the requirements of the guidance.


    Essential Businesses

    Outdoor Fitness Centers and Gyms (Los Angeles County Requires that patrons and staff also wear gloves at all times in addition to face coverings)

    Hotels for leisure travel

    Outdoor Retail/Mall

    Restaurants (Outdoor dining only)

    Outdoor Wineries, and Outdoor Tasting rooms (Must include food in same receipt as alcoholic beverage. Outdoor/To-go only.)

    All bars, pubs, brewpubs, breweries may open outdoor operations if they offer sit-down, outdoor dine-in meals. Alcohol can only be sold in the same transactions as meal. (Ventura County only)


    What business sectors should stay closed?

    Indoor Fitness Centers and Gyms

    Indoor Personal Care: Hair Salons, Nail Salons, Massage Parlors, and Barbershops.

    Tattoo Parlors

    Bars, Breweries, Brew pubs, Pubs (except in Ventura County, see above)

    Indoor Retail/Malls

    Night Club

    Entertainment venues


    Can I host events?

    State public health directives prohibit professional, social and community mass gatherings. Gatherings are defined as—meetings or other events that bring together persons from multiple households at the same time for a shared or group experience in a single room, space, or place such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, or other indoor or outdoor space.


    Do people need to wear facemasks at my business?

    Yes, all California residents must wear masks when in public places with a few exceptions.  Restaurants and wineries that are open can let people take off their masks while they are eating or drinking outdoors.


    If your business does not interact with the public at all (like some offices) then your employees do not need to wear them while working in their office. They must wear them in common spaces like the break room.


    Funding Questions


    What funding options are available for my business?

    For small businesses there are many opportunities for funding.  Some have been out for a while and are well known and others are still being developed.


    Paycheck Protection Program - Funding to pay your employees and other normal business expenses.  For businesses under 500 employees.  This is a forgivable loan.


    Economic Injury Disaster Loan - Funding to help with your non-payroll expenses.  This is a loan at a low interest rate and a long term, to make the repayment as easy as possible.  Businesses may qualify for a $10,000 advance.


    Conejo Valley Small Business Relief Fund - Grants of up to $2,500 for businesses in Conejo Valley with fewer than 35 employees.


    Ventura County Business Assistance Grant Program - Grants of up to $5,000 for Ventura County businesses.  Priority will be given to minority or women-owned businesses and also those businesses who did not receive PPP funding.


    LA Regional Covid Fund - Loan, Grant, Coaching and Technical Assistance resources to micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses, and non-profits.


    How do I get my Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiven?

    The Small Business Administration has released a PPP loan forgiveness form and instructions on their website.  For most businesses, the is an EZ Form to simplify the process.



    Who can I contact if I have any more questions?

    Contact the Greater Conejo Valley Chamber of Commerce if you have any questions.  These can be general guidance questions, or questions specific to your business.  You do not need to be a Chamber member to contact us.  We are here to support all businesses through this COVID-19 pandemic.


    We are here to help.  There is no question too small.


    Call us at 805-370-0035 or email us at chamber@conejochamber.org.