GREATER CONEJO VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The foundation promotes the growth of the cities of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village and Agoura Hills by developing leadership with a dynamic and innovative vision for the future; linking the business community in partnership with educational, governmental and nonprofit organizations; and serving as a vehicle for research, planning and community education.
The Foundation works closely with our three cities and two local school districts to continue programs that benefit the local community.
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Educational Scholarships for High School Seniors
The foundation awards $1,000 college scholarships annually to five local high school students based on work experience and academic achievement.
Leadership Conejo Program
This nine-month course focuses on enhancing knowledge of the Conejo Valley and strengthening your community involvement. Learn more.
- Develop your leadership skills - Improve your personal leadership skills by interfacing will a diverse group of leaders from different roles in our community.
- Meet Community Leaders - Local, state or federal elected officials, educators, business people, and nonprofit leaders are all part of our curriculum.
- Learn about the Conejo Valley - Civic Centers, Local Tourist Attractions, Parks, Hospitals, Police and Fire Facilities are all stops during the program.
Principal for a Half Day
In partnership with Conejo Valley Unified School District, business professionals have the opportunity to shadow a school principal for the morning and then participants come together for a lunch and hear a presentation by the district’s superintendent.
Teacher of the Month Program
This program is run by the Education Committee and honors teachers for their continued support of education and dedication to their students.
Some of the past teacher honorees have included:
- Erin Gordon, Westlake High School
- Chris Catalano, Colina Middle School
- Suzie St. John, Earths Magnet School
The Foundation awards grants to local nonprofit organizations.
Some of the past recipients have included:
- Conejo/ Las Virgenes Future Foundation
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life Conejo Valley
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Conejo Valley
- Special Olympics Southern California
For information on the Chamber's Community Foundation or how you can support this organization, call the Chamber at 805.370.0035