The mission of the Greater Conejo Valley Community Foundation is to promote the growth of the City of Thousand Oaks, California, the City of Westlake Village and the City of Agoura Hills by developing leadership with a dynamic and innovative vision for the future; linking the business community in partnership with educational, governmental and nonprofit organizations; and serving as a vehicle for research, planning and community education.
NON PROFIT GRANTS
The Greater Conejo Valley Community Foundation is currently accepting nonprofit grant applications for consideration. Grant awards will be up to $2,500 and are reviewed on a quarterly basis by the Foundation Board of Directors. The Foundation awards grants to local nonprofit organizations.
Some of the past recipients include:
- Community Conscience
- Many Mansions
- Casa Pacifica
- Art Trek
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Conejo Valley
PRINCIPAL FOR A HALF DAY
In partnership with Conejo Valley Unified School District, we pair a principal and a business professional to shadow for a morning. The day concludes with these participants coming together for lunch and short presentation by CVUSD Superintendent.
TEACHER OF THE MONTH PROGRAM
This program is run by the Education Committee and honors teachers for educational excellence and dedication to their students.
All teachers who receive a Teacher of the Month award are eligible to receive a Teacher of the Year award presented by the Conejo Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees.
Some of the past teacher honorees have included:
- Linda Gomberg - Be Me Preschool (Teacher Of The Year)
- Sophie State - Westlake High School
- Stephenie Scott - Weathersfield Elementary
Leadership Conejo is a nine-month course that focuses on enhancing your knowledge of the Conejo Valley while strengthening your community involvement.
- Develop Leadership Skills - Improve your personal leadership skills by interfacing will a diverse group of leaders from different roles in our community.
- Meet Community Leaders - Local, state or federal elected officials, educators, business people, and nonprofit leaders are all part of our curriculum.
- Learn About Conejo Valley - Civic Centers, Local Tourist Attractions, Parks, Hospitals, Police and Fire Facilities are all stops during the program.