Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber represents a specific city or cities through business advocacy, business-to-business connections and consistently providing opportunities and resources to help the local business economy grow and thrive. Chambers of Commerce also provide membership opportunities that encompass a cost-effective way to market, network and connect with business professionals and the local community.
2. What is the GCVCC’s role in business advocacy?
The GCVCC has a government affairs professional on staff who works with local, state and federal officials to educate them on the effects of proposed legislation on local businesses. The Chamber also sends representative(s) from current Chamber businesses to meetings with local elected officials to convey these messages personally.
To learn more about the Chamber’s government affairs program click here.
3. What official cities does the GCVCC represent and how many members belong to the GCVCC?
The GCVCC is the official Chamber for the cities of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village and Agoura Hills. One of the largest Chambers in the Western United States with over 900 members.
4. What is the difference between the Chamber and the City?
The Chamber of Commerce is a 501c6 nonprofit organization designed to represent the interests of business members to the local, state and federal government. Chambers of Commerce are private, member run associations.
The cities of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village and Agoura Hills are local governments; authorized by the state of California. Cities are public organizations run by a city council elected by the voters within their jurisdiction.
5. If my business is outside of the Conejo Valley, can I still be a member of the GCVCC and can I belong to more than one Chamber?
Yes, the GCVCC is open to all businesses and members can belong to more than one Chamber.
6. What types of businesses are represented by the GCVCC?
All levels of businesses are represented by our Chamber; from sole-proprietors and small businesses to mid-level and large corporations that represent more than 30 industry categories. Click here to view our full business directory.
7. What are the benefits of becoming a member of the GCVCC?
To see a full list of membership benefits, click here.
8. What are the membership fees?
Annual membership fees are based on the number of full-time employees along with a one-time registration fee of $59. Click here, to view our membership application that lists the membership packages at the bottom.
9. How do I register for Chamber events? Are they open to anyone?
Events are open to everyone, most events are discounted for Chamber members. To register for an event, visit the Chamber calendar, find the event you would like to attend and click on the “Register Now” button.
Contact the office at (805) 370-0035 if you prefer to register over the phone.
10. Do I have access to utilize the Chamber’s logo on my website or other printed materials? How do obtain the logo?
As a current member of our Chamber you may upload our Chamber logo to your website. Please email email@example.com to request a full color, high resolution logo. Any additional marketing materials that have our logo included must be approved by our President/CEO prior to distribution.