GREATER CONEJO VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Educational Scholarships for High School Seniors
The Foundation awards college scholarships annually to local high school students who are considered underrepresented minority students.
In 2018, the Foundation awarded $22,000 in scholarships.
The Foundation works closely with our three cities and two local school districts to continue programs that benefit the local community.
Leadership Conejo Program
This nine-month course focuses on enhancing knowledge of the Conejo Valley and strengthening your community involvement. Learn more.
- Develop your leadership skills - Improve your personal leadership skills by interfacing will a diverse group of leaders from different roles in our community.
- Meet Community Leaders - Local, state or federal elected officials, educators, business people, and nonprofit leaders are all part of our curriculum.
- Learn about the Conejo Valley - Civic Centers, Local Tourist Attractions, Parks, Hospitals, Police and Fire Facilities are all stops during the program.
Principal for a Half Day
In partnership with Conejo Valley Unified School District, business professionals have the opportunity to shadow a school principal for the morning and then participants come together for a lunch and hear a presentation by the district’s superintendent.
Teacher of the Month Program
This program is run by the Education Committee and honors teachers for educational excellence and dedication to their students.
All teachers who receive a Teacher of the Month award are eligible to receive a Teacher of the Year award presented by the Conejo Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees.
Some of the past teacher honorees have included:
- Linda Gomberg - Be Me Preschool (Teacher Of The Year)
- Sophie State - Westlake High School
- Stephenie Scott - Weathersfield Elementary
The Foundation awards grants to local nonprofit organizations.
Some of the past recipients have included:
- Conejo/ Las Virgenes Future Foundation
- Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life Conejo Valley
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Conejo Valley
- Special Olympics Southern California
For information on the Chamber's Community Foundation or how you can support this organization, call the Chamber at 805.370.0035