Manager, The Longest Day
Position: Manager, The Longest Day
Chapter: California Central Coast
Location: South Santa Barbara County or Ventura County California
Reports to: Director of Development
Exemption Classification: Full-time / Exempt
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with Alzheimer’s, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future.
We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 6.2 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and all other dementia and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer’s Association has been recognized as the #1 largest Best NonProfit to Work For in the NonProfit Times 50 Best Places to Work for 2011 - 2020.
Visit our website www.alz.orgto find out more about us. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team – but we believe that person could be you!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Development Manager is responsible for the oversight and achievement of annual, chapter-wide revenue goals by identifying, leading and ensuring successful execution of individual, team and third party fundraising activities associated with The Longest Day signature event. The Longest Day (TLD) consists of year-round fundraising activities led by individual and group volunteer fundraisers as well as third-party fundraising activities. The fundraising season opens in September and closes the following August.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Recruit, train and provide staff support to TLD Volunteer Committee to ensure fundraising goals are met.
- Steward existing TLD team captains and individuals to continue fundraising activities year after year and identify and cultivate new team captain prospects.
- Identify and solicit third-party fundraising activities to benefit the Chapter’s TLD revenue goal.
- With the Director of Development, establish and achieve annual event timelines and fundraising goals.
Implement best practices for increased participation and event revenue.
- Drive and encourage creativity and innovation at the community level.
- Provide year-round cultivation and stewardship of current and new state-wide TLD team captains, individual fundraisers and business prospects.
- Recruit and steward individuals to serve on the planning committee.
- Engage, train and manage relationships with leadership volunteers to develop and executive local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for new and veteran teams and individuals.
- Prepare reports and provide information as requested and required.
- Monitor goals and budgets for each event.
- Present to community groups and service/networking clubs.
- Participate as a member in community groups and service/networking clubs
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field. An equivalency of work experience and education may be considered.
- A minimum of three years of experience in marketing, fundraising, nonprofit management and/or special events
- Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees strongly preferred
- Ability to ask for donations, sponsorships and participation of individuals and groups
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to independently multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment with little supervision
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with community and coworkers
- Ability to support other staff members and effectively collaborate on Chapter strategic initiatives, priorities and mission fulfillment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, database applications, Internet fundraising, Adobe Acrobat and Google. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the Chapter territory, as well as occasional overnight travel
- Access to reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus