Assistance League of Conejo Valley
- Organizations - Non-Profit
Assistance League® Conejo Valley, is part of a national nonprofit 501(c)(3). Assistance League transforming the lives of children and adults through community programs. Assistance League Thrift Shop located in Thousand Oaks is the chapter's major source of fundraising along with donations & grants. Operation School Bell® is the national philanthropic program of Assistance League providing clothing, classroom provisions or other needs to school children. Our chapter programs include:
* Clothing Nights allow identified students to attend a shopping event with their parents to select their own clothing & shoes.
• Emergency Clothing provides local school health offices with necessary clothing items in case of accidents during the school day.
• Literacy Program coordinates member volunteers with area schools to enhance the reading skills of students.
* Dictionaries are provided to third-grade classrooms & their teachers.
• Share-A-Bear program distributes bears to those in need of comfort in traumatic situations.
• “I’m in Charge” is a personal safety program presented to third-grade students.
• Assault Survivor Kits® provides essential items of clothing & grooming aids for women & children in crisis.
• Vision for the Future offers eye exams & glasses to students in need.
• Spotlight on Seniors brings cheer to those in nursing & daycare facilities by our ''HomeMade Jammers'' ukulele group.
* Reading for Life collects books for home libraries promoting literacy.
* Assisteens® auxiliary- 7th-12th grade students who serve the community.
Whom to Contact
- Tammy RichardsPresident
Our Thrift Shop is located in Skyline Plaza at the northwest intersection of Thousand Oaks Blvd. and Skyline Dr.