- About Us
- Events & Programs
- Business Directory
- Member Benefits
- Chairman’s Club
- Membership Info
Assistance League® Conejo Valley founded 1995, is part of a national nonprofit 501(c)(3). Member volunteers strive to serve the needs of families, seniors and children in our local communities. Assistance League Thrift Shop located in Thousand Oaks is the chapter's major source of fundraising along with donations & grants. Operation School Bell® is the national philanthropic program of Assistance League with nearly every chapter providing clothing, classroom provisions or other needs to school children. Our chapter programs include:
* Clothing Nights allow identified students to attend a shopping event with their parents to select their own clothing and shoes.
• Emergency Clothing provides local school health offices with necessary clothing items in case of accidents during the school day.
• Literacy Program coordinates member volunteers with area schools to enhance the reading skills of students.
* Dictionaries are provided to third grade classrooms and their teachers.
• Share-A-Bear program distributes bears to those in need of comfort in traumatic situations.
• “I’m in Charge” is a personal safety program presented to third grade students.
• Assault Survivor Kits® provides essential items of clothing & grooming aids for women & children in crisis.
• Vision for the Future offers eye exams & glasses to students in need.
• Spotlight on Seniors brings cheer to those in nursing & day care facilities by our ''HomeMade Jammers'' ukulele group singing familiar songs.
* Assisteens® auxiliary comprised of 7th-12th grade students who serve the community.
Our Thrift Shop is located in Skyline Plaza at the northwest intersection of Thousand Oaks Blvd. and Skyline Dr.